Giant Gymnastics Hosts School Groups!
Not sure what to do for electives?
Want to bring some gymnastics into your physical education curriculum?
Is your community group looking for a fun-filled field trip idea?
Giant Gymnastics is here for all of these things! We provide 60-90 minute sessions that are led by our NCCP certified coaches. Participants experience all of our equipment (bars, beams, spring floor, tumble track, trampoline & pit) with an emphasis on being active & having fun. Custom programs available too.
DAY OF THE PROGRAM:
Upon arrival, students can place boots on shelves and use cubbies for their belongings. Students will need to wait in the lobby area (in their comfy clothes and barefoot) until our coaches call them in. Registration forms and class numbers are to be turned into the Office.
- Giant Gymnastics strictly adheres to the Ophea Guidelines. Our Coaches are NCCP trained in the Foundations of Artistic Gymnastics as well as Foundations of Trampoline.
- Our equipment is safe, clean and well maintained. Regular equipment safety checks are performed by a trained staff member. We have a fully stocked First Aid Kit and ice packs.
- We have a water cooler, but we suggest that each child brings a water bottle to ensure that the kids get the most time in the gym as possible.
- Coaches will teach skills with the proper progressions in mind and do not allow aerial somersaults or handsprings to be attempted.
- Before visiting the equipment, the coaches will go over safety rules and the type of respectful language and behavior that is expected inside the gym.
- The coaches will then lead a group warm up. The warm up will be appropriate for the age group attending.
- The coaches will instruct the children on proper landing techniques and the basic movements in gymnastics.
- When the warm up is completed, we will break the children up into groups. If there are any behaviors that need to be separated, the teachers are encouraged to change up the groups to ensure that everyone has a great time. Groups can be made before the school visit if desired.
- The groups will visit each piece of equipment in the gym: Tumble Track, Floor Circuit, Beam Circuit, Bar Circuit, Foam Pit and Trampoline. The Circuit skills will be demonstrated by the coach first, then the children are invited to participate.
- At the end of the visit, a cool down game and activity will take place.
Any teachers/helpers are welcome to come in to observe and help supervise.
Invoices will be distributed at the end of each visit (or on the last day of multi-day visits) and will be based on the number of students who attend. If paying by cheque, the Cheque will be made out to Thunder Bay Giant Gymnastics.
Please note: If your trip needs to be cancelled, please inform us 24 hours before the scheduled school visit.
AFTER THE PROGRAM
We’d love to hear your feedback! Please email our Recreational Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call us for more information, 807-683-3730.